High quality real estate photos have become an integral part of marketing your home when selling. When searching for a property, almost all buyers will turn to the internet to find their next home, with buyers perusing many listings before making their final decision. Excellent real estate photos are a critical part of quality marketing and will strongly influence their decision about which properties to view in person – after all, first impressions are key.
Here are my top three tips to ensure the best real estate appropriate photos of your property can be taken:
A well lit room can do wonders for photography. Often it will make your property look airy and spacious, as well as warm and inviting. Make sure to take advantage of natural light where possible, by opening blinds and curtains. If a room is dark, make sure to change any blown globes.
Clutter can often make rooms appear smaller than they actually are. Make sure to de-clutter inside and out to maximise space and create an open look and feel. Aim to remove personal items where possible – remember, you’re trying to help potential buyers envision themselves living in your home. Buyers will find it difficult to imagine living in a property when your personal belongings are the focal point in every single room.
Don’t forget to:
- Clear the kitchen of small appliances
- Store dishes, tea towels and rubbish bins away
- Remove magnets and notes off the fridge
- Hide personal items such as razors, shampoos, toothbrushes or face washers in bathroom
- Clear the clothes line
- If you have a pool ,remove pool cleaner and hide all chemicals and pool toys
- Make sure bookcases and shelves are neat
- Hide all pet bowls, toys and kitty litter
A well presented property will always attract more buyer interest over a home that presents poorly. Real estate photo capture everything, so it’s important to take care of even the smallest of details. Make sure to give your property a goody tidy before the photographer arrives, paying particular attention to key areas such as bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and yards.
And finally don’t forget to:
- Trim gardens and mow the lawn
- Place fresh towels neatly in bathroom
- Mirrors should be clean and streak-free
- Shower walls and door should be clean and dry
- Kitchen benches clean and tidy